Motivated to mark the “Europe Day – 9th of May” the Parliament or in particular the Cabinet of the Speaker of the Parliament of RM extended an invitation to MOST to participate in the organizational committee and to be responsible for the Civil component of the event. Having in mind that the transparency of the institutions is one of the core values that MOST promotes society wide and since this action was assessed as compatible with the organization’s mission MOST decided to join the committee and to take part in the event. The activity was voluntary work of MOST.
The event itself was designed to:
- Bring the institution Parliament closer to the citizens as a highest legislative and representative body;
- Promote the Parliament of RM as a transparent and opened institution;
- Improve communication between Members of Parliament and citizens;
- Improve communication and cooperation between members of the Parliament and CSOs.
- Over 600 citizens visited the Parliament of RM;
- Organized groups of 5 high schools students from Skopje visited the Parliament;
- Organized public debate: “Towards open and transparent dialogue between the Parliament of RM and the Civil society” within the frame of the event in the premises of the Parliament in which members of Parliament, media and civil society participated.
Period of implementation