The project mission is: Contribution towards transparent election process through non-partisan observation of all of its segments.
The project objectives are:
- Ensuring citizens participation in the process of domestic non-partisan monitoring of the elections;
- Raising citizens’ awareness about their voting rights;
- Contribution towards ensuring observance of the Election Code and other related laws and procedures, human rights and the voting procedure at the polling stations.
- Re-establishment of the network for implementation of the project activities
- Regular (de)briefings with the regional coordinators about all project phases
- Monitoring of the Election campaign
- Monitoring the work of the election administration
- Awareness-raising campaign about the public inspection of the voters’ list, the right to vote and the voters’ freedom of choice
- Recruitment and training of the volunteers
- Monitoring of the early voting
- Monitoring of the Election Day/Deployment of observers on the polling stations
- Conducting the PVT program
- Analyzing the reports
- Informing the public on the findings
- Issuing Final Report on the monitoring of elections
- Promotion of the Final report and recommendations
Within the project scope, MOST will cover 695 polling stations in the Republic of North Macedonia, i.e. 20% of the total number of polling stations in the country. MOST will also have 55 mobile teams on the day of the elections on the territory of NMK, as well as 80 observers who will monitor the work of the Municipal Election Commissions.
The project “Domestic monitoring of the Early Parliamentary Elections 2020” is supported by the the British Embassy Skopje, Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands as well as the SWISS agency for development and cooperation.